Saturday, August 25, 2007

Covers I'd Like to See

Ant is busy, that's for certain, but if the ol' bean gets a chance here and there to learn some of these, that'd be simply marvelous! These are the songs I'd like to see him do covers of. If there's one you'd like to see, leave it in the comments!

In no particular order:

  • Al Stewart-Year of the Cat
  • Wreckless Eric-Whole Wide World
  • Tiny Tim-Tip Toe Through The Tulips (ooh I'm evil!)
  • Jeff Buckley-Your Flesh Is So Nice/Yard Of Blonde Girls (normally I would give someone hell if they tried to cover a Buckley song, that's how strongly I feel about his music, but you know what, Ant could very well pull these off!)
  • Timo Räisänen-Don't Let The Devil Ruin It All
  • The Fratellis-Whistle For The Choir
  • The Boy Least Likely To-Be Gentle With Me
  • The Von Bondies-Mairead/Cass & Henry
  • Guillemots-Made Up Love Song #43 -Trains to Brazil
  • The Bravery-Bad Sun




I know it takes a lot of work to learn these and practice them, but these are the ones I'd like to hear Ant's interpretations of.

Also, another little helpful thing for you to woo your ladies in Sweden with Anthony, this here will help with the pronunciation. It's 100% free, no gimmicks and downloads in like, pfft, 10 seconds about. I use it for my Slovak and I've downloaded every other language on the list as well. I'm that in love with learning new languages! Give it a whirl, no doubt Elin and Johanna won't be able to resist you!



Laew phob gan mai!, Alex

3 comments:

Elin said...

I can play the Wreckless Eric song, it's really easy. I didn't think that anyone knew about him. He's great.

Nice list. Timo,Guillemots and so on. Cool

Anonymous said...

easy innit!? just A and E chords!

Elin said...

Yes I know. Maybe i'll do a cover before him :P